Saturday, August 11, 2007

Not For Nothing

...But I told myself to stop sweating small stuff. This needs to be my mantra, which I failed at a few days ago. Let me explain. I got a traffic ticket (speeding--who knew), and I paid it-late. Well the letter went to the address on my driver's liscence, which is back home in Charleston. My mom calls me and tells me the DMV sent a letter. I told her to send it to me, and she becomes angst-ridden, in what can only be an attempt to make me crazy. I'm like Mom, chill, I paid it, but does she listen? Noooo. "Stacy, blah, blah, blah."

Anywhoo she goes on and on, and quite frankly I was spent. I was like, Mom calm down. I have the receipt for the ticket. That wasn't good enough. She called me back after I got off the phone with her to tell me not to speed. I laughed, becuase she was like doing that irritating Mom thing, like when she says don't forget to season your food. Mom, really? Forget to season my food? I laugh at myself sometimes. It's all small stuff.

3 comments:

Beatty said...

You know how mom's are. I know it can was aggravating, but she was just worried. She loves you and doesn't want to see anything bad happen.

That's a mom for ya. lol :o)

Unknown said...

She meant well. She was getting under my skin though. LOL

If she didn't complain, I might have worried. ;-)

Unknown said...

Add On: She does tell me not to forget to season my food. I hate that. Her sister does that too. I keep telling them that's like saying don't forget to think or breathe. LMAO