Sunday, March 25, 2012

This Week's Menu

In an effort to save some more money it's time to prepare a menu for the week.  I hope to have three meals that last at least two days each. On a good note I came under my budget for grocery shopping today.  That's even better as it's near time to pay bills, and boy is the money tight!  I looked for sales on everything, and didn't go near my typical maximum allotted amount.  It could have been an ugly situation in the store today with me cringing at the cash register, embarrassing myself. Thank God

This week's menu is:

  • Pork roast with cranberry sauce.  Baby spinach and broccoli and cheddar
  • Okra with shrimp, wild rice and salad
  • Baked chicken, salad and wild rice.  

This should cover this week's worth of meals starting today.  Pork roast is in the oven now.  It will be in there for 1 hour and 40 minutes.  Should be nice, tender and juicy.

I thought about doing a Chuck roast, but I don't want to just yet.  let me see how I feel after the Okra and shrimp meal.

No comments: