Thursday, March 08, 2012

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Yesterday was all about editing, or as a professor once said in class, "writing is rewriting."  That's no lie.  This story's getting a healthy does of attention.  As stated before, I know I have the start of something good with this short story, however the true work and challenges lie in the revisions. I wish my writing was perfect from day one, but that never happens. Revise, revise, revise.

When I read the story aloud, several spots came of as awkward or repetitive phrasing. That killed the flow of what I wanted to convey so that needs mad smoothing. I insisted on completing the read through/revisions one page at a time.  When I was done, I reread my notes, then gave it an overnight cool off period.  

I didn't get to my second story as I would have liked to.  I'm going to have to slow my pace and ambitions.  If I did a paragraph yesterday, it would make my slacking off a little more digestible.  Not write a great paragraph, but an ok paragraph. I'm making it a priortiy to get things done today.  If I have to cut the TV off and no games, that's what I will do.

No comments: