Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Million Little Headaches


Anybody been keeping up with this story. It first caught my eye when I shipped Frey's second book to Atlanta at work. I wondered why the cover was pink. Googled some info ran across the article on Smoking Gun called "The Man Who Conned Oprah." Read the entire article. This was the man who kept Oprah up at night reading his memoir. Turns out there were more embellishing of this story than people thought.

Frey went on Larry King, and in my opinion, he stumbled with the questions. I was comparing his responses to a very concret article. Oprah called into Larry King, and saved this guy's rep. She said something I think a lot of viewers may have thought, and that was that it didn't matter whether Frey lied or not. She did lay a lot of blame on the publishers for labeling the book as a memoir and not as fiction.

She had Frey on her show, and by all appearences ripped him a new asshole for his deciet. She apologized for her call on King. Winfrey does belive the truth matters, and from all appearences, she prides herself on honesty. She also took the publisher to task for not lableing A Million Little Pieces correctly as a work of fiction.

Interesing adventure in literature. Any opinions out there?

5 comments:

Beatty said...

Yeah this has been big news all month and finally came to a head the other day when she had him back on the show and confronted him. Then all the late night news channels have been really doing alot of reporting on it.

The book, the topic never really interested me in the first place. If I were to pick up a book to read, it wouldn't have been this one. Just not my type of book to read.

Unknown said...

Not my cup of tea either. I was intrigued by the article The Smoking Gun did. It was a detailed fact checking article. I was impressed. Its what made me look further into the story.

Anonymous said...

We have two threads on Trina's forum about this topic so I'm all opined out. LOL

Unknown said...

That's fine. Glad you posted. Did trina start a new forum?

Anonymous said...

Nope, same one at delphiforums...come on by!!!