Friday, January 20, 2006

What Happened To Me?

I know this sounds a little silly, but I am like 35 years old, and for the first time in a long time my age is registering with me. In the past I didn't put a grasp on age. It didn't matter to me. People are people. I never had a clue what it meant to "act one's age." How does one act 35? For the record, I am very mature. I wear a lot of different hats, and I have goals for my life. I also love video games, cartoons, action/horror flicks, and comic books. Not that those are immature avenues, but I find my tastes very eclectic.

Well now that's popping up in my thoughts now. I am 35. Kind of like positive reinforcement. I am a thrity something. What do I want out of life? I am losing a lot of my naive charms, which is not so bad. Its a 40 hrs a week world, with classes in the mix. Just met a woman who is 30 and finishing her undergrad. She was telling me she started college late (as I did). Interesting.

On a side note, most people can't tell how old I am by looking at me. For that matter, no one in my immediate family shows age. My parents are in their sixties, but they look younger. My Mom looks like she's in her thirties (Go Mom!!!!). My father looks like he's in his fourties (Go Dad!!!!) My brother's look like they are in their twenties (like I do).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...possible sparks with this woman ;-)

Unknown said...

U may be right. Thanks.