Saturday, January 07, 2006

Turn Of Events

After respnding to a comment, I decided that this action I have decided was worth posting. I am going to start reading my bible more, and devoting more time to spiritual growth. Here's the reason why:

Of late I have seen some very tacky, and piss-poor politicing going on around me. I have seen some back-biting over foolishness. Simple things that can be resolved with communication. I am making it my mission to have the power to not simply ignore foolishness, but overcome it. When I come to work, I want my mind, body and soul to override all that is ill with the world. I will not live my life gritting my teeth about the job I am working. The job itself is not hard, but rather ugly because so some peoplke's actions. People don't know how to act.

I'm working on me. I'm making positive changes with me. I know change isn't easy. I have to do something about the bad vides. That stuff makes me ill thinking about it.

God Bless,

---Stacy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya loud and clear. Sometimes you have to pick your battles and focus on bettering yourself despite your circumstances. Who knew that library sciences could be so ugly and ruthless? BTW, are you back on your old job? Sounds like the same politics and personalities.

Unknown said...

It's an all different library, however, it seems that certain roles are virtually the same. Some people are drunk with power. Others are bickering with each other. I could have stayed in Charleston for that. At the very least I knew who to avoid. LOL

I will take my time and access the roles people play. I have been warned to not be too chummy with certain people, and have seen some stuff going on that is terrible. The more things change, the more things change.

I have to be honest. I'm not at this job for them, but for me, so I find much comfort in that.