Friday, September 15, 2006

I Got A New ISP!!!

Comcast is a pain in the groin sometimes, and I have to get all the kinks out, but I can now go online again, which makes me very happy, as opposed to ho-hum all the time.

Went to work today early, and I was bombarded by new students and staff questions until I was ready to go hide myself. The starts of new quarters are so rough on the staff (and we are so understaffed). Trained new students today on library work. I had to flex the "boss" muscle that will get some student's attention. As always there are a couple that don't do what they need to be doing. Why do they make it so hard. A friend told me "Stacy, you are a good supervisor because you don't breathe down people's neck (micro manage)." Too bad my bad apple students think kindness is weakness. They are in for a shock. This quarter I won't lose sleep if I have to fire a cople of students who don't do right by the rules. The more I plead for them to stay in line (the bad ones, my other students are fabulous), the more they stray.

Let me say that we have many great workstudy students who I treasure. I really do like a student who doesn't have to give me grief over getting paid. Good students make the job worthwhile. heres to my great work studies. :-)

2 comments:

Beatty said...

So glad you're back online! :o)

Unknown said...

It i so good to be back online. Thanks Beatty.