Monday, September 11, 2006

I Love Comics, or I Love Writing

"I love comic books," is an understatement from me. I grew up reading, and am always loving turning the pages of a new story. I re-read the older stories I have. I do love my reading time. Due to economic reasons, I gave them up, cold turkey. The exception is Nextwave, which I had the forsight to puschase a subscrition to months ago.

I still read the latest comic news online, and am excited by the positive changes comics are going towards. As a writer, I think I should start writng more comics. Mainly things I would love to read. The stories and subject matter can vary, as I would love to see all ages and more mature stories. I think its time I look past what I know, which is collecting and reading comics on a monthly basis, to writing what i want to read on a monthly basis.

Expect me to make a scheldue of my writings, and get my stories underway. I really want to move from reader to (published) writer. I hated giving up my monthly comcis, but I love the idea of replacing my readings with creations of my own.

This is not to discount my prose writing, as it is my goal to get my novel published AND a collection of my short stories together. I do have some other ideas that work in prose (future novels), and short stories. I made chapters out of one short story. I need to reclaim it, and break it down like some homework.

No comments: