Friday, September 08, 2006

Writing More and More

Mailed off my short story to a literary magazine today (The Southern Review). The mailman should have picked it up, and sent it on its journey by now.

I am very excited because submitting the finished product to a publisher. Now we play the waiting game. I could and will work on other projects this week-end, thus removing my thoughts on this particular story.

I have to thank my friends who read the story. Both Jackie and Cari read and liked what they read. It was time to stop looking at my story on the screen, print it out, and let it breathe.

Speaking of printing, I had some issues with my lovely printer. It made smudges on the pages. Thanfully, the printer has a self cleaning function. OMG! This is like the printer is new new again, and my pages looked so fresh and clean. It makes a brother proud to see his story in print on quality paper and no smudges. My Epson rocks!

2 comments:

Beatty said...

Things must be really busy for you and coming along as I haven't seen you online in more than a week or so. Hope everything is alright.

Saw something on here about you having computer problems? Didn't really understand, but hope it gets fixed soon.

Unknown said...

Beatty,

I have no ISP. I orderd high speed internet via comcast, and they lost my order. ROFL. I reordered today. Oh, the drama. I feel there is more to come.