Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My New Self-Pix




I rather like this picture. Of course, I filtered it through Photoshop, so it has a rather mysterious quality about it. I will display the originals shortly, as I think the original four have a very rich quality to them. I usually hate the photos as is, but I find I love the self portraits. I may touch the images up for color corrections, but I like what I see.

CONFESSION TIME: When I was in my teens I would have NEVER had my picture taken. I didn't like the reflection I saw. I hated how I looked, and people always made fun of me for having to wear thick glasses. I hated wearing glasses, and wanted contacts so bad, but my parents wern't having that. LOL

Well, that arkward teen phase has been replaced with a man who is proud to show his visage online. I am very pleased that I can look myself in the mirror without cringing. It took a while to get there (not all this time, but in reflecting on myself, I've learned to loosen up some).

P.S. I am buying new glasses soon, because at this stage, I don't give a damn if people don't like what they see. There's a JC Penny window naysayers can kiss my rear in, if they want to hate.

2 comments:

Beatty said...

Cool pics! I hear what you're saying. I'm starting to feel that way lately more about myself too. Up until this last year, I would have never stopped using permed chemical relaxers and go natural! So even though that hair breakage problem wasn't fun or a good thing, it made me change and appreciate and be proud of who I am more.

Unknown said...

That's great Beatty. Thanks for posting. :-)