Monday, October 01, 2007

Bittersweet Chocolate

A kiss of chocolate, a tingle in the spine.
Lips licked with such sweet, sweet satisfaction
A gentle breeze on the skin,
Dances electric in my body, in my mind,
Rocking me to the core

Need I tell you that my soul sings an aria,
That only my true love will ever hear?
Only my true love will ever know all the notes.

Were she to ever leave,
I would sing it no more.
I would look for no more enchantments.
I will not wish or want to be enchanted again.
Tis the taste of bittersweet chocolate.
I dare not allow my heart to be broken ever again.

2 comments:

the wicked witch of the east said...

i really love the imagery...it's very evocative, and sensual...i'm reminded of one of my favorite poems of all time..."harlem sweeties" by langston huges...which combines the two most awesome things on the planet...women and food...;)

Unknown said...

Lattes really can't compare, but I hold them in high regard. ;-)

Thanks.