Tuesday, April 04, 2006

At Last, I Did It!!!!

I submitted my short story to Glimmer Train. I was so nervous about submitting. I felt I needed to tweak the story more and more, but I decided that it was a now or never type of deal. In other words I was finding ways NOT to submit material. I had to get myself out of that train of thought.

I am nervous about the story. Does it measure up to editorial standard? Will the editors like the material enough to publish it? What if its not what people want to read? It all goes through my head. I'm all nerves. LOL

Its a holding pattern now. I have a couple of short stories on the back burner to work on, and a novel to complete. I suppose I will be too busy to think about this one submission. Lets see if I can make two and three to worry about. Writing is weird, exciting, and so worth it in the end. Even if the story didn't get published, I am so glad I did feel confidant enough to submit it.

3 comments:

Beatty said...

Congrats! Hope something comes of it! :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

Beatty said...

Ok, will be watching to hear the good news! :o)