Saturday, April 15, 2006

Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.




What an insane comic. It's got great art and a high amount of silliness. Its also a fun read.

The series revolves around superheroes who rebel against their bosses to shut down the terrorist organization that has been funding them (without their knowldge, of course).

The team is lead by Monica Rambeau, who'se former superhero code names are "Captian Marvel", and "Photon." She's one bad sister, as she used to lead the Avengers, and is certianly one of the most powerful team members. Monica is one of the few African-American superheroes in the game. Up until now, I don't think she's been as fun to see/read.

The cast includes:
Meltdown: She can make things explode and she loves to steal things. She has an obcession with talking on her cell phone.
The Captian: Who forgot his real name. He's superstrong and flies.
Machine Man: His name says it all.
Elle Bloodstone. Supertough kick-butt monster hunter.
Dirk Anger: He's a super macho man with issues. I think he's trying to kill himself, and failing at it.

The art is stylish. I really like the style. The series looks like it could be easill anim ated. I notced the covers are collages, or at least designed on patterned paper. It adds a texture to them. A good book I'd recomend to anyone wanting break from the heavier material in other comics.

Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. is written by Warren Ellis with art by Stuart Immonen. Published by Marvel Comics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for issue four!

- Stealthwise

Unknown said...

True. This series is fun and a great read. Best series of the year for me, so far.

Unknown said...

Dorian,

Thanks for posting. Nextwave is my favorite comic book currently. I love it. I have to admit it has caused me to look at Marvel Comics again.