Tuesday, April 11, 2006

No More Boxes

This turned out to be a good day at work. Feed up with the box/package bs, I decided to email my supervior about this situation. I pointed out the major facts and flaws, and I was willing to go an extra mile for help, but its plain wrong for me to take on the full responsibilty of accepting all packages with sometimes time-sensitive material that may not get opened until the late hours of the night or a few days later, especially when packages come in during the day when I am not at work, or the days I am off.

My supervisor revised how things are being done. Now, everybody checks the mail on earlier shifts, and on the week-ends. I am more than pleased with this. I am so glad I decided to readdress this in an articulate, well thought out letter. I feel things didn't have to go to the negative reaction. beleieve me, I was fustrated, and thought that i might need to "go off," but I was wrong about that.

I have learned that I can be as effective with well-chosen words.

No comments: