Thursday, April 06, 2006

Turn Up The Drama

Hey,

I have a lot of work to do. As the supervisor, I have to make sure my students are doing what they are supposed to be doing. I am not there during the day, but its being brought to my attention that they are not doing their work, and are allowed to do nothing during the day. I am so annoyed with this. No matter what shift the students work, all complaints come to me. All I need is for the Dean to see our students doing nothing. I'll be emailed so fast with a stern warning about shaping them up.

I sent out emails letting all staff members know that the students need to be doing their assignments. If they don't have any work for students, I left some work for the students. Not mind and body draing work, but things that need to be done. I hope that there are no problems, but I have done what I need to do.

5 comments:

Beatty said...

The last thing you need is to be babysitting college students. It ain't high school. They need to grow up.

Unknown said...

Sometimes its the staff memeber that is keeping them from doing their duties. They get used to that treatment and don't want to do work. That's when I hear about.

Anonymous said...

Why are you held responsible for what they do? Crazy. As an instructor myself, I don't get myself involved in making my students do anything, they're big boys and girls now and their marks will reflect their efforts.

Oh, it's Stealthwise from CBR, btw. :)

Unknown said...

Staelthwise,

Its so cool you stopped by. I hope to put some reviews of comics soon, so please stop by and offer some feedback.

As silly as this sounds there is a blame game going on. I have to make sure to let people know the studnets need to be doing things. Its a cover my ass type of deal. That way when bad shit happens I can at least say I did what I needed to in a timely manner.

I should ponit out that the students are in a workstudy program. Since I hired them, it all falls back in my lap.

Beatty said...

That's just crazy. Man you can't ever seem to win at these jobs! People always trying to screw you over. That's why you have to watch your back at all times, especially at work.