Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Make A Great Scapegoat

There's more drama on the work front. My smart-assed co-workeds decided to call our supervisor and tell her that we need to have a meeting with the student workers. Well our supervisor decided to mmake our job extra hard by addinbg extra steps to our interaction with student workers. Yes, the steps are completely assinine. It would require all staff members to micro manage students. Between all the things I normally have to do, that would be too much work for a solveable solution.

But wait, it gets better. My co-workers asked me to write a letter to our supervisor. Of course I was all fired up, but I thought about it. My name is the only one in this pot (to write this letter). I know these people ain't trying to set me up for a fall, when they went to the supervior on their own in the first damn place. I ain't writing shit. If they can can request BS when I'm not there, then they can open their mouth and get this shit done with. I am not putting my neck out on the chopping block when they are the ones who fucked things up. I can't beleive I work within a higher education system sometimes.

BTW, my students at night work flawlessly. I never have a problem. We have an understanding. Do your work well, no BS, and I won't breathe down anyone's neck (not that I want to). They are all adults. They're great students. I don't know what goes on in there when I am not there, but it doesn't matter. I am responsible onl for when I am there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't teach, but I work at my college's library. I am responsible for hiring and training our workstudy students, as well as signing their timesheets.

If there is an issue with the students, I hear about it.

Beatty said...

I don't know what to say other then I hope things start getting better for you.

This job is just as bad or worst it seems then the last two. I hate to say this, but you may have to find yet another job.

I know you don't want to hear that though. Believe me I know how it is to have to keep looking for work.

Unknown said...

Beatty,

Its not as bad as Verizon Wireless. I felt like I was in a pressure cooker there.

I am not getting another job anytime soon. I am having drama, but its par for the course. It does annoys me to no end, and I find some people love putting the cart before the horse.

This is my second library job. I think I will hold on for at least a year. After that, I can switch departments if things don't clear up.