Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chicken Alfredo, the Dinner!

So, I decided that I would cook, after running some errands and having an extra class section on final papers (12-15 pages-yes I know, bring on the drama). At first, I thought I was going to buy some fast food, but changed my mind. I decided that I should cook. Went to the grocery store, and bought the ingredients for chicken Alfredo. It was either that or spaghetti. Let me tell you how it’s done.

I like to cook some boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I season them with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and sear them in the pan. Next I sauté some mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers. I make the noodles separately. For the Alfredo sauce, I buy the jarred stuff, but then I jazz it up. A little salt, some red pepper flakes, butter, garlic, some heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, and a dash of nutmeg. I cut the meat into chunks, then I add noodles, veggies, and chicken into the sauce. I add it in doses, so I can get the all the food coated in the sauce.

Italian seasonings blend well with the chicken, so you have a great taste alone. The chicken breast can be its own meal. I’m having salad on the side. I have a good sized pot, so I don’t have to cook for a few days. J

6 comments:

Beatty said...

Sounds good! We went to Olive Garden earlier for dinner. Brought some back to eat later.

Unknown said...

I have never been to OG, but I may go one day. ;-)

Beatty said...

It's not bad. You'll like it. :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks. I have to conserve some money for the next few months, so no dining out for me. :-(

I have a project where I am the official bankroller. I need to pay some people on time too.

Beatty said...

I understand. We've been not eating out for months now because we've had to conserve. So this was one of those times we were able too. When you work hard, you should be able to endulge sometimes. So when we can, we do.

I added a new playlist to my blog yesterday. Whenever you get a chance after your papers are done, you'll have to check it out.

Unknown said...

Thanks. I will ck out your blog as well. Speaking of induging I spent money on Ben & Jerry's and I should not have. LOL Chocolate chip cookie dough. So good.