Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My Mistake

OK, I saw this meter maid late, around 12:35 AM, and I hate a meter maid something fierce. I said something rather unpleasant. Not to her, but I said it aloud nonetheless. I then broke into my own "Lord forgive me" train of thought, when I realized it was not forgiveness I needed, but to address my own lack of understanding and lack of respect.

I didn't know this woman, and while my disdain for meter maids is real, I had no business saying what I did. She did nothing to me, and I was so ugly. I feel embarrassed, which I didn't at first, but when I get down to it, had I been in her shoes, and someone said that aloud to me for whatever reason, I would have internalized the comments. So now I feel real stupid, and rightfully so for my rudeness.

I fell better now that I have gotten this out of my system. I also feel good that she didn't hear me. So now I think I can stop beating myself up about this.

No comments: