Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tell Me How To Feel

With all these "top ten" and "most influential" lists, I feel that everything out of high school is the real popularity contest. Since I am not on any of those lists, I must be doing something wrong, right? I need people to tell me how to think, how to act. How to feel. What to wear, what to buy, what to believe in. Let's face it. We're all losers because there's a standard that says we're not validated because we haven't arrived.

Is it all good? I feel its all toxic, and it threatens how people perceive themselves. I remember back in high school where you got laughed at for not having name brand clothes. Imagine thinking your behind all that, when TV and magazines create these "trendy people" lists. Like I need to be told my style and life isn't cool.

So, if people don't like what they see, or I'm not cool, it's even better. It's not about lists anyways. It's about me doing my own thing.

2 comments:

wheatgerm said...

top ten is overrated

Unknown said...

Hello wheatgerm. Thanks for posting. I agree top tens are overrated.

No substance, just a lot of flash.