Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Early Shift

Did writing for a paper last night for class. Video art, at its roots is fascinating, but highly dated. Clearly the marks of the 80's have left its mark all over the works of Nam June Paik, who my paper is on. OMG someone mentioned "Max Hedroom" in class. Do you know how old that shit is? Do I realize how old I am? As the night moved on, I started talking about old things with my cyber pals. He-Man, Jem and the Holograms, Linoel Ritchie, and one really messed up Lifetime Network movie.

All the things discarded and thought gone from my mind. Now they come back not to haunt me, but to remind me of the incredible life I have. Life ain't easy all the time, but this reflection brought back some fun memories (not Max Headroom though). Not everything from the eighties should remain in my head. LOL

No comments: