Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Her Virtue Roughened © Stacy R. Haynes

Practice writing


Her Virtue Roughened © Stacy R. Haynes

Harold pulled Eve closer to him. He yanked her so quick, her head bobbed, and she lost her breath.

"You like that, eh?" He said while smiling. "Nobody's around. It's just you and me." He was nearly drooling with satisfaction. She regained her senses and turned her head away from him. Even his cologne began to repulse her. She pushed away with great force. Her blouse ripped in the process.

"Back off!" She said. "Nobody manhandles me." She was a tigress, ready to strike.

Harold's eyes were as cold as a lump of coal and fixed upon Eve as he walked up to her. She didn't cower. She didn't back down. She didn't see his hand as it hit her so hard across the face. She saw stars for a second. She felt his arms on her shoulders again.

"Don't you ever pull away from me!" He demanded, as he violently shook her. She could smell stink of the Scotch on his breath. She felt ill, as he pulled her close and forced his tongue down her throat. She felt the disgusting taste of his spit, kneed him in the nuts as hard as she could.

He broke off his bear hug, letting go of her. He fell to his knees, shocked out of breath, and holding his crotch for dear life. Tears swelled in his dark eyes.

"You dumb broad, I'll kill you!" He huffed out in a higher pitched voice. He didn't see it, but he felt the full weight of a vase crashing against the back of his skull. He fell face forward onto the floor. He was out cold.

"Son of a bitch!" Eve shouted, trying to compose herself. She touched her face where he slapped her. It stung like crazy. She grabbed her compact to check herself out. Her face was red, with the shape of his hand on her face. "Oh God." She moaned. "I hate fucking temp jobs." She gathered her things and left.

5 comments:

the wicked witch of the east said...

you sneaky rat that last line is killer. *laughs*

this totally reads like one of those pulp novels from the 50s. that's one of the things about language that i find fascinating, if you use certain words they have the power to invoke something as substantial as putting you in a certain frame of time that you otherwise would have never experienced...(hoping that makes sense...this is pretty early for me so my brain isn't running on all cylinders)...anyway, this was a nice little piece, though i'm still waiting to read about your kool-aid swillin' heroine ;)

Anonymous said...

So glad I don't do temp jobs anymore. ;-)

Glad to see your work posted! I wish I had your courage. You're truly an inspiration!

-Shisho

Unknown said...

Aggie,

Pulp was the inspiration. Something about that era visited me while writing.

The "Kool-Aid" heroine is coming. I needed to not look at it for a week or so. Also, oddly, it started to mirror something that was happening to someone I knew, but wasn't aware about. it creeped me out, kinda.

Unknown said...

Shisho,

It does take time to get comfortable with your writing, and sometimes I feel I need to lay my cards down, or else I will never show what I've got.

Thanks for the kind words.

the wicked witch of the east said...

you better get over that "stage fright" sweetie...or else, you're not gonna get anywhere near that dream of yours...trust me, i know how hard it is...when i create something, it's so much apart of me, and i'm guessing that rings true for all artists...so i get why it's scary to put that very fragile part of yourself out there, but once it is, that's when it has it's greatest strength... ;)

The "Kool-Aid" heroine is coming. I needed to not look at it for a week or so. Also, oddly, it started to mirror something that was happening to someone I knew, but wasn't aware about. it creeped me out, kinda.

i can dig it...(smile)...