Monday, December 31, 2007

Fears In Writing

One of my biggest fears is my inability to write. I never call it writer’s block. More like constipation. It’s all there, and I am afraid to let it onto paper. Yes I am afraid of the many ideas within me. It’s a somewhat irrational fear, but there is some logic in my woes. My fear is that I have so many ideas and I don’t know if I can commit to all of them. Think about it. I have ideas for short stories, novels, movies, and comics. I am scared that I will be overwhelmed with projects and get nothing done. Today is the day I write whatever, because its time I face this fear. It so is time for me to break that old wall, and let the sunshine in.

My next fear is breaking out of my comfort zone. For those not in the know, the comfort zone is what keeps me in check, keeps me safe and, (duh) comfortable. Well that wall goes out too. It’s time to look at what I am writing with a critical and analytical eye and attempt to see what I am writing, and what I want to explore. It’s a trip into the unknown, and I have the support, but some journeys must be taken alone.

  • Perhaps I should have a writing system for new projects:
  • Short stories/prose: I need at least six typewritten pages.
  • Flash fiction: Completed rough draft.
  • Scripts, at least 10 typed pages (unformatted)

No comments: