Sunday, December 16, 2007

Speckled Butter Beans

Last Night I decided that I would make some speckled butter beans for today’s dinner. I will be making some hamburgers to go with them today. When I cooked the beans, it seemed I did not season them enough. Perhaps I did not have enough meat flavoring in them. I used smoked picnic, and I thought that was enough. Used cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, a little salt, and garlic (sorry Night Swordsman). Still the flavor did not come through. Was I too stingy in the adding of seasoning?

Well, I am one not to give up, and I can taste the pepper. It’s very sneaky. You get the heat in a subtle way. I know its there. I’ve salted it enough. My greatest fear is over salting. I know the garlic is there. LMAO I can taste it in the background too. The salt not so much but the Italian seasoning is there. Perhaps the seasonings need some time to bond proper, and I was too eager for something that had a hint of flavor like Mom’s cooking.

Needless to say, this evening when I take it out of the fridge to cook, I will know what the deal is. Will the tastes I’ve craved be there? Will I be satisfied with what I have? Do I have to call my Mom and ask her what she puts in her food? BTW I am not messing with the pigtail or the briskets-smoked or fresh. LOL Time will tell indeed.

No comments: