Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bittersweet II: Goodbye Michael Tyzack

NOTE: Dear readers. This may seem a little out of sequence, or an odd request, but could you start reading from part one (below). I want you to have the full impact of what I wrote. I would appreciate any comments you have as well.

---S.

Today I have mixed blessings. After months of trying to get back into classes, I now have the opportunity to get back into them. I am so grateful. I had a little bit of struggle, but I decide to not focus on the negative, but on the positive. No need for it.

Found out today, that Michael Tyzack, the department head of the Studio Art department passed away in February. I never knew this. OMG. I am so upset. Let me confess, I loathe funerals and wakes, but I would have gone to his. Tyzack is one of the instructors who encouraged me to keep working at my craft, and to go to graduate school.

What pulled the rug from under me was that people, who I used to work with, on campus, knew this, and have both my email and cell number, and didn’t bother to say a thing to me. These are people who know I graduated from the Studio Art department. I started full time there in my last semester as an undergrad. Oh God, I have to let them go. I have to let this go. I’m going nowhere with the resentment.

No comments: