Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bittersweet Part I: Let ‘Em Go

This week has been a mix of things. On YABS forum, we were talking about passive-aggressive people calling themselves my friend. My response, and my conclusion is that I will be forgetting people who don’t respect me. They aren’t worth getting mad over anymore. Not worth feeling upset about.

Tonight I found something that impacted me so strongly. I thought I knew some people, I worked with for years. Came to know them, care about them. Felt like we had a family unit at work. When I left Charleston, I gave them my cell phone number. They never called. I called them, and I still did not get the message that I was not someone they wanted to be friends with anymore. Every call was one sided. Foolish me.

I know if I visit the old job, some of these peeps would smile and say how am I, but that’s it. I’ll never get a call again. I say to this, let them go. If they don’t want to call, or be friends, then what need I do? Let ‘em go.

No comments: