Friday, April 27, 2007

On A Natural High

This week has been bittersweet, but I am very happy to say I am taking classes again. Let me back up a little for you.

Initially, I stopped taking classes. I’m not blaming anyone, but my workload and new duties were getting the best of my class assignments time and me. Needless to say I could slow down the class work, but not the job. I decided a lengthy break form class was in order. Furthermore, I was able to devote more time to my writing projects, which dominated my free time.

Needless to say, the time for my education to be at the forefront of my goals is here. It’s just one class next quarter, but that’s one step closer to my MFA. I will so bust it out. I will have a terminal degree in Contemporary Writing.

And my elementry school teachers called me "stupid." Assholes.

I’m feeling like a champ now. I hope and pray this feeling extends itself to my entire life.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

sweet revenge to your elementary school teachers!! i hate when i hear that a teacher called a kid "stupid" or "worthless". especially when that kid grows up to become extremely talented and intelligent like you!!!

congrats on getting back into classes!

Unknown said...

Thanks Nicole. I need to get myself in gear. I am ready to get to business.

Unknown said...

Nicole,

Let me add on. Many teachers douse the spirits of their students. I do not know if they even can see the weight of their words, but they are so wrong, and should find another line of work if they are going to be evil.

It is good that I did not allow their poison to get so far into my system, that I give up on my dreams.

So yes, rotten teachers, take that! Success in spite of your lies.