Saturday, April 28, 2007

Erotica

Ok, now that I have your attention. LOL

“Erotica” is what I said will be the title of my thesis that won’t be explored until sometime in the far off future. My goal is to ask/write about if there was any literary and artistic merit to erotic fiction, and explore this in detail for my future thesis.

This is me moving away (against?) from my conservative background. This is me looking at all forms of mediums, and seeing what I can work with. A friend told me that people would only look at the pictures. LOL I should make it all text, but the reader in myself likes pictures too much. I do believe I need to break away and do something, wild, challenging, and on the risqué side.

That, and I should leave the college with something “fun” to read. By fun I mean I put time, effort, research, and well-crafted words to work for me as I explore my ideas. Maybe the title won’t be “Erotica,” but it makes me smile to think of it as such.

As an unwritten future, I think this would be a challenge. I am also sure I will have more pros and cons as I work this idea out further, and of course, I may find a more challenging thesis to tackle, or the thesis committee won’t like my ideas. Still “Erotica” is blog-worthy post.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Mmmm erotica....now THAT is a great thesis idea. Sounds like something I would do.

Viva erotica and adult toys to go along with it...hehehe

Unknown said...

lol. No toys, but the work should be provocative enough.