Monday, June 11, 2007

Busy Litttle Bee

I am doing some research for a series of drawings I'm working on. Yes, I know, I'm insane for starting yet another devote time to project, but it makes me feel good, as opposed to that blank, do nothing feeling life can bring on. This includes writing more stuff. Yes it does. I need to write more. I feel it in my bones, and I have to put pen to paper.

OD'ing on Mary J. Blige. Initially I "lost" my My Life CD and Share My World when I moved. I broke down and bought them again. So now I am all on those CD's like a cheap suit. Something about Mary's voice and personality that has evolved into a mature, beautiful woman. I feel compelled to listen to her music.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After Teena, there's Mary. I love Mary. I identify with and am familiar with the various spaces that she has been in her life. My favorite CD from her is the My Life CD. That CD came out when I first moved from NY and was dealing with a whole lot of life changing drama and self-realizations. I love that CD and might have to dig through the bin for that one.

Beatty said...

I have to admit, when Mary J Blige first came out, I didn't care for her because at the time all she did was other people's songs. Then when she started doing her own music, is when I started to warm up to her.

Anonymous said...

Mary's voice just knocks you on your butt if you're not paying attention. Have you heard "Whenever I Say Your Name," the song she did with Sting? God, what an amazing song. So powerful lyrically, it has the romance of a Sting song and all the power of her voice. So amazing.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Mary has matured into a more soulful, and respectable artist. She was very rough in the beginning. Too rough. To hear her speak on the changes in her life is fascinating.

Her music is beautiful and soulful. I need to make an All Mary playlist on Itunes. Some of her songs and videos have snuck up on me. "Your Child," & "Take Me As I Am," are good examples of some good songs and videos.

Beatty said...

I kept my promise and made a new playlist on my blog. I'm using the same one on my Myspace page also. Check it out when you get a chance.