Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fun With Power Outtages

The power went out on me last night. A large section of the south side had no power. News says it was a "spark and heat" that caused the outage. Why is it that when the power goes out, it feels like the sun does this massive retreat posthaste? It got dark so fast I thought Savannah Electric controlled the sun as well. Damn, I was getting it for a low cost too. Now I know what people are talking about when they say their bill is sky high. ;-)

I was safe in my place. I had candles, & flashlights. Got me a cold drink before the ice became water. Well, no internet, no television, no anything. I do need to buy a small, battery operated radio. Something for emergencies. I did manage to handwrite some paragraphs out for my short story. Yes I did. I promised myself to keep working it until I get an ending. No more "go backs."I was lazy and neglected to charge my phone. Luckily I have a car charger for such emergencies. :-) Should have charged the ipod because it was so darn quiet. My Nintendo DS had a charge, so I played Mario Kart & Meteos to pass the time. Of course, my hands are too big for the controller, and they get cramped. :-(

Uh-Oh, my other neighbors are having one of those "love to hate you" spats. He's so loud, its embarrassing. Does he really have to tell her to get The f**k out in the pouring rain?

Of course power is on now. :-) Yaaaay. My food in the fridge will not get spoiled. I feel exhausted. I wanted to clean my place. There is always tomorrow. That is what I said about charging my iPod, y'know. Life lesson?

No comments: