Saturday, June 30, 2007

Reclaiming My Fiction

Whoo, I did some crazy things yesterday. Wrote some erotic fiction (for those who don't know, I swore I would make my graduate thesis about erotica-but its one of many ideas), and I have to say I will NEVER show what I wrote this week end to anyone. It was that awful . ROFLMAO!!! maybe I can take the sex parts out and salvage the plot-NOT. LMAO!

I wanted to write fiction without the use of the slang words. Something sexy, without going too over the top. I find I am not as articulate as I'd like to think. Its humbling, or perhaps I don't know how to straddle the line between the gutter and surface. The way I was brought up, is there is no such thing as sex, and if there was you can't talk about it. That's why they call it "the nasty." We don't call this the "dirty south" for nothing. ASIDE: Let us see if this joke was worth telling.

I also wrote a prose story about a domestic relationship turning sour in the summertime. If that doesn't sound like a tart of a tale, I don't know what will. This one is very unsexy, and rather bittersweet. I love it, and wish to go further.

4 comments:

the wicked witch of the east said...

see if you can find this book...

http://www.amazon.com/Erotique-Noire-Erotica-Miriam-Decosta-Willis/dp/0385423098


it's an anthology of african-american/afro-carribian erotica...i bought this book like i don't know, 12 years ago...lost my copy and bought another one and a lot of the stuff still hold up...the cool thing is that is very diverse and i think it can give you a decent range of styles to see where your piece might fit.

Unknown said...

Vanilla? LOL.

Seriously, I need to let it cool then work it out. I wanted to write something without getting to slangy, or overusing the "c" words or using the word "wet" at all.

the wicked witch of the east said...

get a thesaurus...it's probably a writer's greatest tool.

Unknown said...

I have a feeling it will be funny and racy. Erotic comedy?