Monday, May 28, 2007

Cleaning For the Summer

A funny thing happened to me, when I got home. I felt a need to not be online and felt the desire to connect with other areas of my life. I want to watch a movie, cook my dinner, read a novel or two. I need to write more. I have neglected my writing. I need to make it a top priority, as I don’t have to be online to write.

Cleaned a section of my living room late last night. When I walked in the door, all I saw was clutter, and I was upset about that. Made myself pick a section, and it was going to be organized before I went to bed tonight.

Handwrote out some paragraphs for my short story. I realized I made one terrible flaw, I kept trying to “fix what I had currently written, as opposed to keep writing. I may not like the ending, but with no new material, I am simply over editing. Luckily I wrote out some new material, but I have a feeling that I am making this a multipart story. Perhaps it is the beginning of some chapters. I won’t know until I add some new paragraphs.

Picked up some unofficial writing assignments. Long story. Needless to say, they have to get in line, because my mind can only hold so much.

4 comments:

Beatty said...

I hear you. That's why I'm not online alot anymore. I'm reconnecting with other areas of my life that have nothing to do with the internet. Watching some TV is one of them. Doing some cleaning is another. I'll be cleaning out my closet this week. Doing some Spring cleaning.

Unknown said...

Thanks Beatty.

I want to clean my kitchen next, and I want it cleaned! I am taking everything out of the fridge, and between tonight & tomorrow, I will have a clean house.

Anonymous said...

Write now, edit LATER!!!!
Keep writing Stacy!!!! Don't worry about fixing it...... for now.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jackie. I'm gonna work it. I have some ideas I will bounce off you shortly.