Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Trilogy

Started thinking of a follow up to my comic book. I really want to work on this. I have to write out an expanded character /cast list, and to work on the direction further. Some notes wouldn't be bad.

I saw a clear flaw in the story. One of the lead characters has become perfect. He is safe from harm in any way, and that has annoyed me to no end. While I admire the struggles he went through in the first volume, I cannot have him being omnipotent in my trilogy. It makes him uninteresting as a character. I love that he was likeable, heroic, and clever. The changes he goes through have made him tougher, but in order to keep him likeable, I'm gonna have to work on who he is.

Some of the other characters have had major changes as well, and a few of them are not ready for the pain and changes. Oh, I am so excited to work this out. No, the characters are not published, but I want to finish the trilogy still. If I do, get it published, it will be the icing on the cake at this point. I truly love resolving the character issues and the process of writing/revising.

No comments: