Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pulling Cards & Yanking Chains

Have you ever had to bust somebody out for trying to be a jackass to you? How about in public? I mean among the screaming, bratty kids in the mall, or the grocery store, you had to pull that card? Yes, pulling the card, because some people think your life is a joke. You know you're smarter than what someone is thinking of you. You know people are tripping, but you need them to get with the program, right?

Not that I enjoy blasting people, but if you didn't call them out, they would keep working your nerves. How much disrespect are you to take off of anybody? That happened to a family member, where she was trying to be helpful, and the person wanted to be cute and said some hateful things in front of other people. Now the cute one got called on, but I told my relative, you should have pulled that card so bad that it would have been the complete end of that line of thinking. I'm talking about dressing down someone who has the gall to treat you poorly, when you're doing good for them.

My own horror story is with a family member who is literally trying to take the food out of my mouth to support his own indulgences. He and I are having that talk this week-end. All I'm saying is if you want to act a donkey, I can treat you like a donkey, and I don't kiss asses.

I've noticed that when I am kind to some (not all) people, they think that kindness equates weakness. They never see the tiger in me making that bold move. They never realize that I had feelings, as their words were blunt. A few metaphorical maulings, and some people knew not to take their issues out on me. There are times when it is necessary to show all aggression.

No comments: