Sunday, May 13, 2007

Irons In the Fire

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I am keeping on with the writing. The muse is striking like lightning, so I am like all for writing, while the irons are H-O-T. Alongside this lovely script that I am working all the kinks out, I developed a short story that is six pages and going strong. I so want to see where the short story is going. I have no idea. All I know is that its exciting to read and not let go of so easily. I am itching to know what happens next. LOL

Fortunately, for the night, I stopped at a point where there is this new vision of a scene that I will be glad to do the two page minimum requirement tomorrow. Its these things in life that I love working on, and derive serious satisfaction. Many other things, that are supposed to make me feel good can fall by the wayside. It doesn't hold a candle to feeling inspired to write..

P.S. When I sat down on my break, I realized that I did not bring enough tuna salad, in spite of having some lettuce, and some tomato slices. I should have brought the Ritz crackers. :-(

At the end of my shift I was hungry. Fixed that when I got home. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! My muse has an attention span as short as...well...my own. Hmmm. ;-) I should have continued my project an hour ago, but I got distracted on YABS. Imagine that? =D

Unknown said...

Mine is short as well, and I tend to do mutiple things, as opposed to focusing on one thing. I made a two page minimum rule, so if you say you'll work and do two pages, you may be able to make yourself do more.