Monday, May 14, 2007

Getting My Act Together

My graduate school class is a month away. I'm taking one class this summer, Contemporary Art. I so loathe art history, so I am making this a challenge. I charge the instructor with making this class worth taking and staying awake in two days outta the week. NOTE: I placed the responsibility on the instructor, and not myself. The hallmark of a false start.

For those who don't know, in my undergrad days, art history was a sleep fest. OMG, the instructor turned out the lights, showed them damn slides, and spoke soft, monotone, or both. I hated art history because I felt that I was being made to study some of the most boring shit the instructor could find. Mind you, some of it was fun, interesting, and scandalous, but only a little bit of it.

This will be a good challenge for me. I will turn this class out, bust it with a "A," and have people asking me about "how you did that?" Why? Because I love a good challenge, and nobody, and I mean nobody or thing is stopping me from getting my MFA in Contemporary Writing. Recognize that I am getting my graduate act together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to start class so that you'll be busy as hell like me!!!!!!!!:)

Unknown said...

LOL

I am already busy with two writing projects, going on a couple more.

We can suffer together in academics, though.