Monday, July 09, 2012

Unemployment Sucks Part 16: Untitled

This post reminds me that I started the series of Unemployment Sucks as a way to discuss my struggles with unemployment, hoping to release the negative toxins from my body mind and spirit, and possibly inspire others in similar situations.  It's also allowed me to post more on this blog, which I hadn't been doing in a while.  Writing empowers me, and often gives me a sense of completion and satisfaction.  Why not put that focus to good use and share something more profound and ultimately larger than myself? This post reminds me to not give up in the face of harsh adversities.

There are many unemployed people who don't have any outlet or feel the need for hope, optimism, and/or love. In this economy with a lot of bad things happening all the time, the future feels very, very uncertain, and the love for the world withers and dies on the vine. It's incredibly difficult to not let the negative toxins of unemployment affect your outlook on life, creativity, well-being, and good will. I can tell you holding on by a thread of hope is rough as all get out. Being made to feel at your former place of employment you're a terrible person does hit you in the psyche and the gut.

I made the choice to persevere, because it's rough, but the alternative didn't suit the man that I am. When I came to Savannah, I had plenty of goals in mind, and one was to complete my education.  For the moment that door's closed to me, but I know another will open soon.  Why?  Perseverance demands that I not give up.  I can tell you for sure I'm frustrated a lot because a lot of things simply won't work out in spite of being proactive about seeing reemployment. A lot of things aren't pretty.  I suppose this is a test in life.  I never know what God has in store for me. I do know he gave me this gift to write, and I feel a positive need to make sure to share my experiences.

Thanks and blessings to my family and friends who constantly encourage me to write, stay positive, and strong.  Kudos to all in this situation, and don't know where your next meal or paycheck is coming from. I say some prayers for you. It truly is a disheartening experience to not be able to support yourself, yet I am richer for being able to express my woes. Through God, a path to prosperity shall come our way. I'm feeling empowered by not holding onto the toxins. I love myself enough to keep trying day after day when it feels like there's not real change. I keep writing in hopes one day i will not need to write about unemployment anymore.  
 

No comments: