Tuesday, November 28, 2006

11/27/06 Please, No High School Reunion!

There is a reason I do not want to have a high school reunion. Mind you, I love my return to Charleston, and I have a restored sense of balance that I was missing. The family have healing powers. It goes without saying that I feel the love. Everything will be fine in the world when you have your support system in place.

Well, while going to the bank to get myself a roll of quarters for my return to Savannah, GA, I meet someone who recognizes me (without my glasses too). He’s someone I’ve known of since elementary school. He hinted he spent six years in jail, and he was low on money, and asked me if I had some to spare. I didn’t have any money to spare. Anyways I had the impression he was strung out and looking for another way to get a hit. I knew he was desperate, as he hadn’t seen me in what, 16-18 years? C’mon, we were never friends in school. We just knew each other.

Needless to say I have met like maybe 10 people from HS and those exchanges were great. Some the other people from HS I hear about are junkies or in jail. Somehow my square world seems so round in a naïve, “drugs are for losers/just say ‘no’” way.

No comments: