Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Don’t Do

I don’t do no bus
I walks my own damn path down the streets

Don’t go nowhere
Don’t want for no place
Neverumind that noplace feels like home

When it rains, it don’t matter
Water gets under my ratty umbrella just the same

I don’t do no skates-inline or out
If I want to roll on I do

Don’t do no good meal
I eat with my fingers
Nobody knife and forks a Snickers bar,
Or a can of string beans-no heat, no salt nor pepper

Don’t do no love
I only know her.
We don’t kiss
We don’t do no passion
We meet day and night on a dirty mattress
We don’t do no laundry
In a hole in the wall to crawl into.

Don’t do no uplifting
Just get my spot and sleep
We don’t got power,
We don’t got water.

Ain’t got no song to sing
No melody nor
Some sunshine for a guy who don’t do.

Don’t do no song
What’s to sing for?
Song don’t have no feelings
I go numb, body head and soul numb
Dumb to the world.

No comments: