Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Power of Words

I was thinking about the power of words. I wrote an email that upset someone. That wasn't my intent, however, the email was met with hostility. It makes me think that sometimes words can seem or feel cut and dried when the intent of malice iss not there. Well the only way for me to resolve this issue was to reply with a more open, friendlier email and apologize if my words were too harsh. Sometimes being diplomatic bothers me, because the person I sent the email to knows the email was concering things we discussed previously.

I underestimated how people react when I am trying to be no-nonsense. Which brings me to the conclusion that people don't like it when I assert myself. I don't know how, but this has got to change. Nobody ever went anyplace holding their rights back.

No comments: