Saturday, December 30, 2006

One Track Mind (12/27/06)

Several days before I arrived in Charleston, I got a call from my older brother about how to make this computer he got work. Well, he wouldn’t define what he wanted to use the computer for. All I knew was that it was an older computer with a bad modem. He spoke to our younger brother who told him the computer was cheep and not effective for today’s standards. He didn’t listen to him, and began to work on the damn thing.

My bro is obsessed with making this computer internet savvy. Its an OLD computer. I checked it out for him. It has 1 GB of memory and half of that is already used up. The processing speed is ugly slow, like molasses moving uphill slow. Even if it could get on the ‘net, I would think its not going to do anything, but crash.

He spent half of last night trying to make that thing work, and all of today tying up the phone line trying to make it work. It’s 6:33 PM and he’s still on that thing. I’m like, be practical you bought that HD for $40.00. What do think its going to do. I even told him it was the equivalent of buying a car for $40.00. I’m not going to be the one to tell him about virus and spyware.

Why? Because he stopped listening to me a few days ago. You should see him trying to find an old phone chord to reach his room. He checked every drawer, the closets, the utility room, and the garage. Now he says the keyboard doesn’t work.

BTW found out he wants to make MP3’s with the ‘puter and store them on the HD. I told him 1 GB cannot hold more than a few songs along with the other software it has. Can I go bang my head into a wall now?

Let me add that while I will not see eye to eye with my brother in this, I do love him, and hope he can move beyond this. If he doesn’t I fear the universe will collapse upon itself.

No comments: