Saturday, December 09, 2006

Cooking and Cleaning

As usual, the budget went a little overboard. I did get my groceries, pay some bills, and hope to relax the rest of the night. Marinated some steaks, and I have been waiting for them dammit. Sauteed some veggies I plan to divide between the steaks and the baked potatoes I have. I put a little too much chipotle pepper on the veggies. now they have a mean kick to them. Not that I am complaining, but I was going for little kick. Used garlic cloves for the first time, as opposed to garlic powder or minced garlic. The cloves have a mild smell to them. I am sure it will add another dimension to the steak and veggies.

I want to cook some field peas tomorrow in the crock pot. I need some meat to flavor the pot; something I did not buy. Well, its back to the grocery store tomorrow. I do want some pastry too. Nothing expensive, but to go with a cup of coffee in the morning. I thought of making a meat loaf, but my mind is like that's not on the clock for me tonight or tomorrow. perhaps next week-end.

Cleaned my microwave and my counter. It was worth doing. It was looking rough in there. I can't have my microwave looking like a cave. Took my time and cleaned it. It's done, but after cooking I have to clean again.

No comments: