Sunday, December 17, 2006

Gandmom's Doing Well!

Well, I spoke with Mom, and Grandmom's doing fine. She does have to take some antibiotics and will stay in the hospital for a few days. Grandmom says she's been sick all week, but didn't tell Mom, or my Aunt, whom she spoke with prior to having a trip to the hospital. Well, now she's milking her illness for attention, which in turn will cause friction. I don't think it matters to her that her daughters were asking her how she feels. She now knows she can get attention, and in effect make her daughters look like they were not concenerd about her welfare. I suggested to Mom, that when grandmom is well, have a polite chat with her about infoming people when she's feeling ill. I don't know how I feel about this situation. At one point its insulting to have someone you love milk an illness, at the same time be relived that they are recovering. Its very manipulative, and I hate being used.

2 comments:

Beatty said...

Sorry to hear your grandmom was sick but glad to hear it wasn't serious.

Yeah, sometimes older people are alot like children if they want attention.

Unknown said...

Gandmom is being relased today. She is really loving ALL the attention, and I think is playing "wounded bird" for more people to pay her mind. She's already requesting people to stay with her once she's back home.