Friday, December 29, 2006

Travel Safety and My Foolishness (12/25/06)

NOTE: I wrote several of my entries in Word, as I was not online for the past few days, and decided to post them when I returned home. I missed blogging. Good to be away and return to it as well.


OK, I did something really stupid on my way to Charleston. I did not check the air in my tires. Well, the simple guy in me says why check them, they’re fine. So there I was an hour into my trip, when the thought burdened me that I didn’t check my tires. Then I saw strips of various tires in the road, and skid marks from other cars. I was like; do I know where I am, and if I had signal strength to call someone if my tire blows?

Well, I decided to pull over to the next gas station I saw, and I filled the tires with air. Well I needed that piece of mind, and two of my tires needed air. Not like they were flat or flabby, but it was visible that they needed air when I filled them. I could take my mind off of shredded tires and being “lost” on my way home. Yes, that was a stupid move on my part. I am thankful there was a solution to my foolishness.

Yes, God looks after his rather foolish child.

No comments: