Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Makings of Holiday Cheers I

The holidays are producing mixed emotions in me. I want to embrace the holiday spirit and give, more than I usually do. At the bare minimum, I am hoping to spread some cheer. I find myself in the middle of a chaotic week of wants and needs, the demands of work and people. I have so many commitments, I feel like it all happens so fast. I am living for the week-end where I can hear myself think. Thank God I have time to rest my mind and body.

The baked chicken turned out ok last night. I let it cook a little too much, but the meat falls off the bone, and it didn’t dry out. My only regret was not having the time to marinate the meat. The seasons really are on the surface of the meat. Maybe when I get home it will taste different.

Parking was awful today, as there is a play at a nearby theater, and visitors have taken all the viable parking spaces. I hate circling. Good news is parking is free after 2:00 PM on Thursdays and Fridays during the holidays. I fear my meter is going to cheat me out of a few minutes. I went to check it. Added a couple of quarters to make sure that indicator wasn’t acting funny. All I need is another darn ticket to add to my expenses. I am so losing money from this exchange.

Was told my dad was upset that my older brother didn’t call him to wish him happy birthday. My mindset was he can just ignore my brother’s birthday next month like he usually does as with all his son’s birthdays. That’ll teach my bother to forget an important day, right? I wonder about that man sometimes. Does he even know when our birthdays are? No phone calls, no birthday cards no anything. A text message would surprise and impress me.

These are the things that compose my holiday cheers, on the surface, at least. I will cheer myself up, and maybe tomorrow I will treat myself to a latte. Maybe. Not the eggnog latte. That @#%& is NASTY! I regretted every sip of it last year. So wrong was it that I remembered NOT to try it this year.

No comments: