Sunday, December 03, 2006

More Fine Art: Amenhotep

I did this pastel drawing a while ago, and when I saw it for the first time in a long while, I was loving it. I like the wide space and the image on one side of the paper. It has an spiritual quality I was not actively aware of when I did this drawing. I'm rather taken by the image, and the effect it has on me. That's never happened to me before, concerning my own art. It is one of my simpler, yet favorite pieces.

The photograph of this image came out so bright when I took it, that I went into Photoshop to reduce the amount of brightness.
I tried some of the filters on them, and some looked great, but I opted not to present the filtered images yet.

A BIT OF TRIVIA: The image I based my drawing from is from a statue of Pharaoh Akhenaten (Amenhotep). He was the husband of Nefertiti. They were the 18th dynasty rulers in Egypt (14th century).

No comments: