Saturday, December 30, 2006

Coming Home Again (12/27/06)

I’ve fallen in love with the song, “Trouble Sleeping” by Corinne Bailey Rae. She’s got a rich, mellow vibe. “Like A Star” is enchanting as well.

Told my Mom I will be leaving on Friday, and spend of the rest of my vacation days mellowing out at my place. I want to stay in Charleston a little longer, but I need some of my vacation time to mellow out and relax in my own bed, drinking tea, and working uninterrupted on my writing. Because I can’t go back to work feeling like I just walked out of Charleston, unsettled in my castle. Something about recharging my energies and synching into my own world feels right.

I am going to miss Mom, and my siblings. Its good to be around my family, even if it’s for a few days to feel their love and support. Things have changed, Charleston, that is. It has a certain amount of power, a renewing of my support system, and made me a better man. I feel the love, I feel the love. Thank God I feel the love of my people. I needed them in so many ways. It gives me a strength I can take back home with me. You can’t buy that kind of power.

Now I have changed, and for the better. Do you believe in miracles? When the spirit and body agree, I believe there will be doors of opportunity that are open to us all.

Still thinking of changing the name of my blog. I am being sentimental about “Yeah I Write This Blog,” so the change won’t happen overnight.

The family visit is a mixed bag of goodies. It is ALWAYS good to see Mom. She is a hard worker. My brothers are great to see, as it can be rather dull just talking on the phone, texting or emailing. My dad, well, he veers off somewhere that makes me wonder how to resolve anything with him. I can be very civil, but sometimes civility if a formality, like a duty, and not done out of love. Maybe it is love. Maybe that’s all I get from him.

Such bitter and sweet fruits that falls from the family tree.

No comments: