Saturday, December 30, 2006

I Used'ta Think...

...That to be responsible and taken seriously, you can't have a sense of humor, or enjoy the little things in life. You have to be a cog in a bigger machine that works you until you grind out. There is no rest, no enjoyment, just an eternal machine that we are a part of. There is no duty in humor. There is shame in not being a part of the machine.

How wrong I was to believe in these lies. Working is honorable, and we all must live, but to suffer all your life and feel this is all you can have is a myth. I believe in the unlimited potential in the human mind, body, and soul. I need to laugh, and I need to smile on a regular basis. I need to feel silly most of the time. Just what if the silliness was a gift? What if I was supposed to make people smile and feel good about themselves? What if other’s people’s happiness made me feel good inside, and opened me to another level of living?

This does not discount your ability to enjoy life to its fullest. What really matters is that I take charge of my life, accept all my responsibilities for the rights and the wrongs I have done, and push myself to achieve better.

I cannot settle when I know there is so much that I want to do with my life. Many good blessings have come my way and will continue to do so, but it is up to me to seize the day and make my life work. I cannot lay my burdens onto someone else. I hope to see people smiling and laughing more. In turn I hope to be smiling and laughing more. I need to do what it takes to make me feel good. This is the best beginning for a New Year.

No comments: