Monday, January 01, 2007

Draft #4 Revisions II

Well, I got all of chapter one done, as needed. I worked up to page six on chapter two. I think I may take it on completely tomorrow. Why? I feel a little burnt out and unable to put any concertration into making the alterations proper. Chapter one, I feel I did good, and want the same feeling for chapter two. I may peep it again tonight.

Nervousness, I know, but I can't help it. Whenever I tackle a project I get all kinds of butterflies. Maybe I should impose deadlines on myself. I should be done by the end of the week with revising all six chapters. A chapter a day would allow me some "cool off" time. Nervousness is a good sign, thought. it does mean I am concerned about the material, and that I want it to succeed, as opposed to thinking its outright perfect. That would be an arrogant mistake.

I learned a long time ago that anything worth writing is worth revising, and revising, and revising... You get the picture. I will be fine. Again, with a lot of prayer and faith I will get my revisions done.

P.S. My villains are still rotten. A lot of cloak and dagger stuff going on. How positively awful for the protagonists, but they won't do a thing if they don't have adversity.

No comments: