Saturday, January 27, 2007

Enbracing My Creative Side

I used to joke with my brother that all cartoonists are the craziest people on Earth. We LOVED watching Bugs Bunny cartoons (among many others). The ideas/concepts & stories were off the wall, drop dead funny, and told in unique, interesting ways. They were offbeat and goofy. They made us laugh so much and they have to be chaotic in real life as well. We said that of many of the cartoons we watched, and wondered about the creators. Creators in all fields are unique and kooky, but cartoonists, however, are the kookiest, and having, what appears to be a lot of fun. I want that kind of freedom in my creative endevors and my life. I laughed at cartoonists in my youth. I won't be an animator, but I would love to create concepts and characters for animation shows. I did not recognise kindred spirits.

Creative types? How off beat are we? Why do we see the world different? Why am I not listening to my own mind when it comes to creating my own unique visions? Not that I am not capable of silliness on my own, but I am ready for something completely off the wall, and is all about the creative streak in me with no apologies. Not all the ideas will be worthy of publishing, BUT the fact is I need to pull the ideas out of my head in order to see what they are. I can honestly say that people will not aways know what to expect from me. I am pretty twisted, with creative stories.

I want to have fun writing. I love a good challenge, and writing stimulattes me. I also want to see a sillier side of me come forth. That cluzy, goofy man who makes all the wrong moves, but knows how to write a story.

No comments: