Tuesday, January 30, 2007

When I Revise

I have been re-reading what I wrote. So now I am on chapter two. Well I realize I know a LOT more than the reader does about the characters. I also realize I have to give the reader a lot more information. With chapter two, there are still more pieces of the puzzle to put together. More ideas and thoughts.

I am also trying to think more visual. For instance, looking at how to make certain scenes "pop" is an issue I'm having. Nothing that's gimmick. This is, though, forcing me to do research on other topics, as they are very vital to my ideas. Expect me to break out of my comfort zone with the ideas I'm having. This is because I feel that I limit myself when I don't try new things, and I don't push myself as a writer to see beyond where I am. I LOVE that I have some different ideas to work with. The ideas may never be fully realized, however, they will have been thought out, and possibly used on a later, more suitable project.

No comments: